Monday, October 1, 2012

How we met!


Most of you know how Keegan and I met, but for those of you that don't, here it is!!

I somehow talked my parents into letting my stay in Rexburg, Idaho while I was off track in school as long as I found a job. My mom gave me about three weeks to find a job.. by the time my deadline came around, I didn't have a job, but kept begging my mom to let me stay because I didn't want to go home and I knew I would eventually find a job. I ended up finding a job as a nanny in February. I got paid about $120-$160 a week for five days a week. It wasn't much but it was enough to live off of and I wanted to stay with my friends. Close to the end of February my roommate Anna got a text from a friend asking if her and I wanted to go on a group blind date that weekend with some of his friends that were coming up from Idaho State University. We really didn't want to go, we had another party we wanted to go to that night, but figured we would go, get a free dinner out of it, mark a blind date off of our bucket list, and go to the party afterwards. Saturday night came around and I ended up going on a date with a guy named Zach and Anna ended up going on a date with Keegan. We went and had dinner at Wingers, went and played a game at a friends apartment, and then we left and headed off to our party we wanted to go to in the beginning. Sunday night I was spending the night with the kids I babysat for and I get a message on facebook from Keegan. We talked on facebook for a few minutes and then he told me he had to get offline, for some reason I gave him my number and told him to text me. We ended up texting until late that night, and all that coming week. He asked if we would like to come down to Pocatello and go to Lava Hot Springs. I had to find some friends to go with me because I wasn't ready to go by my self. Four of us from Rexburg ended up going and meeting five guys at Lava Hot Spring that weekend. Keegan ended up coming back to Rexburg with me Saturday night. We went on a date that night to the Extravadance on campus to watch my friend Laurel dance. On Sunday he went to church with my and stayed all day. From that point on we started dating. I met his parents the next weekend while we were on our way to Nyssa, Oregon with Kevin. We went to his parent house the next few weekends and I got to know them a little more. That school semester was coming to an end and my mom wanted to meet him. At the beginning of May we flew to Memphis to visit my family!

My next post I will tell our story from the beginning of summer, to getting engaged, to getting married!!

1 comment:

  1. And I was sitting on the bed next to you every night as you texted back and forth in Russian...

    ReplyDelete